Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sunset at the Depot

Sunset at the Depot
Oil on panel, 14x11
purchase here

My second painting of this day in Parkville, the historic depot was my subject.  The weather has been so warm and balmy - especially for October, that it was a joy to set up my easel and paint.  I chose a spot in the shade of an old tree to start my painting.  Having to shift only once to stay in the shade, I saved the sky for last.  I wanted to capture the last color before it dropped below the horizon - and that light is so very fleeting!  And, yes - that fountain is true blue - is support of our Kansas City Royals going to the World Series!!  I think every fountain in town in blue, now!  So exciting!  After this painting, I went on to paint a nocturne on Main Street!  This is painting number 662 in as many days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment