Sunday, October 12, 2014

Vintage Tanks

Vintage Tanks
Oil on panel, 12x9
Fairfield Paint-Out
Wildcatter Award - sold
Scouting out sites for the "Wildcatter" theme - Wayne County Oil Industry - Marcia and I found these tanks down an old gravel road.  These rusty, old tanks were so interesting with their many colors and sizes - I just had to paint them!  Setting up in the gravel lot, the rain started lightly....then a little more.  I decided to put up my easel and sketch it from within the car.  The rain increased a little more.  I got my palette, oil, brushes, and panel from the trunk - and headed back into the car.  I thought, "I can do this inside my car" - and I did!  I'm a neat painter, and I was able to get the whole thing done in my warm, dry car - instead of suffering in the cold rain!  Some days, I just don't feel like getting soaked.  This is my 651st painting in a row - and this won the "Wildcatter" Award at the Fairfield Fall Foliage Paint Out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment