Friday, November 14, 2014

Dance of the Pumpkins

Dance of the Pumpkins
Watercolor batik on rice paper, 8x5
purchase here
We have a 2 - 4 inch snow predicted tomorrow!  The first one of the season - and it should be in the 50's this time of year!  When the cold air moves in, I want to get to the warm studio to paint.  It will take me just a bit to acclimate to the new cold and take my gear outside again.  I am just not a cold weather girl - I'll take the 100 degree heat any day over the freezing cold!  It has taken me all day to get to the easel.  Feeling the need for a little whimsey, this painting is loosely painted from a street scene still life in Fairfield, Illinois.  Painting number 685 in 685 days, and I hope I will be able to paint all day tomorrow while it snows!

1 comment:

  1. Your cheery painting would warm any cold times. Hope the snow isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete