Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Little Goldfinch

Little Goldfinch
Oil on panel, 6x4
purchase here
With so much cooking for Thanksgiving to do, I'm in a bit of a rush today.  Therefore, I am painting small - and painting this sweet little bird out the window.  The winds are blowing in a cold front, and he is looking for his feeder - which has been moved by our giant puppy!  In my hurry, I dropped this little guy on the carpet - face down - and he now wears a few dog hairs!  I will have to pick them out when the paint is a bit drier!  This painting makes 697 in 697 days - now back to the kitchen I go!

6 comments:

  1. So bright and cheerful on this dull cool day. Especially like the colorful branch supporting him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well he's adorable dog hairs and all....gives him personality in all his cheery colour!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bird, such beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful bird! (Ihave never seen!) There is light on the bird and the branch allthough it is cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what colors, and so soft and quite! Well done, I can feel the feather against the tips of my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superbly painted goldfinch and I love the way you have painted the sky.

    ReplyDelete