Thursday, November 6, 2014

Path in Autumn

Path in Autumn
Oil on panel, 6x6
purchase here
Today, I am concentrating on the warms and cools of the autumn landscape.  The golds are at their peak, and the reds are just beginning in my neck of the woods.    I am painting with intent - marking the lights and darks, and then working towards the middle.  Painting in oil - I have applied the paint rather heavy in areas.  I am using a more traditional palette, as I normally do with my oils.  With all of my recent watercolor work, I am now wondering what would happen of I used my bolder watercolor palette for my oil painting?  How would the clearer colors look in this landscape - could I even achieve them with the addition of white?  Hmmmm - definitely  food for thought.  I think I'll give this a try just to see what happens!  Painting number 677 in 677 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment