Thursday, December 4, 2014

On the Open Water

On the Open Water
Oil on panel, 14x11
sold
I have been working on this tall ship painting, and now I think it is finished.  I will leave it on the easel, and check it again in the natural light.  It is past dark tonight, and with the darker colors, it is hard to get a good image where hue is concerned.  There is more ultramarine and prussian in the dark water and skies than shows here.  So, once again, I will have to wait until midday to get a good image. If only I could finish all paintings when the light is still good - ah, but that is not my life!  Leaving it on the easel also allows me to view it in all kinds of light, making sure all is as I want it to be.  This painting is a moody one - and number 705 in 705 days :)

1 comment:

  1. Well done!
    I could never paint this kind of soft looking, elegant picture. I wonder if there's a storm coming...I like art which makes me ask questions ..

    ReplyDelete