Monday, December 22, 2014

Santa by the Fence

Santa by the Fence
Acrylic, molding paste on canvas, 5x5
As I paint this Santa, other Santa images keep popping into my head - just like visions of sugarplums!  So many paintings just float around up there - far more than I can actually get onto a surface.  This has been another day of crossing things off my list - but so much still remains!  Getting ready to hang a show of 48 pieces next Monday is the biggest job on my list - and I have only made a dent!  This painting is also painted with acrylics and molding paste on primed canvas.  It is interesting how the wet acrylic spreads over this canvas - it can easily be seen by enlarging the image.  I'm having fun using the old medium in a new way - and with a bit of whimsy instead of my natural traditionalism.  Painting number 723 in 723 days - now back to work on that show (while watching Christmas shows and visiting with my parents) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment