Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Santa in his Sleigh - miniature

Santa in his Sleigh
Oil on canvas, 4x4 - gallery wrapped
This nostalgic Christmas scene is one more in my "12 Santas of Christmas"!  I find that I am migrating to stronger color in these little paintings.  I am still using the square canvases, and the big plus is that they fit nicely on the tiny easels.  The painting continues off all four sides, so it is rather dimensional as it sits on display.  I did underestimate how long it would take the oils to dry, though!  The first one painted on Saturday is STILL wet!  Every day is now filled with SO many activities - I don't know how I will get them all done!  I am rising earlier and staying up later.......there will be time for sleeping after the first of the year!  Painting number 718 in 718 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment