Friday, December 12, 2014

Sweet Baby

Sweet Baby
Graphite on bristol, 14x11
sold
This time of year finds me very busy finishing up those projects for everyone else!  I think my favorite subject matter for graphite is babies - or mother/father/grandparent with babies!  Their skin is so soft - and beautifully rendered with the graphite on the vellum surface of the bristol.  To work in this very traditional medium is a joy indeed! I start with an overall light line drawing, and then move right to the eyes.  I will finish them completely before touching another feature - and I will work out from there.  The hair and clothing come last, as the real importance lies in the lifelike portrayal of the face.  Artwork number 713 in 713 days.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning...what a gorgeous portrait, you are so prolific...amazing work! Thanks for sharing your process too!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete