Friday, December 26, 2014

Winter Dusk

Winter Dusk
Acrylic on canvas, 4x4
Trying another landscape today on this funky black canvas.  With little paint time, I am working fast and loose.  This is a small gallery wrapped canvas - only 4x4 inches.  I wanted to buy several white canvases, but all that was left were two  of the black in this size - so I got them!  What I really like about starting with the dark surface is that I work to the light, bringing all forward to the key I want.  Working this way also allows me to stay darker, moodier with the landscape.  Since I am using acrylics on this, there is a definite translucency to the colors.  Only when I mixed the molding paste into the white, did the paint become opaque in the snowy areas.  There are so many ways I could use this to my advantage!  Painting number in 727 in as many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment