Friday, January 30, 2015

In the Saddle

In the Saddle
Oil on wood panel, 12x9
purchase here
Tonight my husband and I had the honor of walking our younger daughter, Michaela across the basketball court at halftime.  She has been nominated for Winter Warming Queen.  The game was super exciting - with our team winning at the very end!  To top it all off, much of the family went out to dinner afterwards.  Super fun!!  Earlier in the day, I barely got this painted before having to head out to Michael's basketball games - which we had to leave early to make it to Michaela's event - we actually RAN through the parking lot in our formal clothes!  I'm sure we looked ridiculous!  I pulled out some reference photos from our civil war reenactment of August 2013 to work from, only I changed the pasture to how it looks today with it's winter color on.  The pensive pose of both rider and horse has attracted me since I first took the photo, and it feels SO good to finally get it down in oils!  This is painting number 762 in 762 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment