Saturday, February 21, 2015

Beyond the Clouds

Beyond the Clouds
Oil on panel, 7x5
purchase here
Looking to the skies is an age old past-time.  So many times in my childhood, I can remember laying on my back in the grass, staring up as the clouds swept across the sky. Finding shapes in every cloud, that shifted in seconds to another shape right before my eyes.  I love painting these skyscapes, so I am working a little magic with brush and palette knife today.  Although working small, I am keeping the strokes loose and impressionistic.  This keeps the landscape fresh and the energy moving.  One of the last things I check is to make sure I have married my colors, bouncing them around the landscape for good color harmony.  This painting makes 784 in 784 days.

1 comment:

  1. Your landscape is awesome. Lots of texture with all the right colors. It's a wonderful panel of color. I too remember laying on the grass and looking up at the clouds. Each one a different face slowly turning into another face. Makes you wonder, could they really be faces looking down at us? Food for thought. Well done and thank you for stopping by my blog Tammie. I appreciate it and appreciate your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete