Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Letting Out the Horses

Letting Out the Horses
Oil on panel, 12x9
purchase here
Once in a while, we have a "paint-in" at our Tri-County Art League meeting - and that was today!  We all bring a dish to share for lunch, and bring whatever we want to work on, and just paint and visit. This is what I worked on today - one of my reference photos from our reenactment.  I really felt like leaving the strokes loose and impressionistic as I pulled away from the focus of the horses and boy, even softening those edges as I approached the perimeter.  It is a good thing I left this in the trunk while the giant puppy was still out - because he tackled me like a linebacker when I got home - and this painting would have been ALL KINDS of impressionistic! Just another day in paradise - painting number 780 in 780 days :)

5 comments:

  1. I have never tackled painting horses....seems difficult somehow. But these are lovely, so loosely rendered. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a really lovely scene Tammie. So glad you were able to save your painting from who knows what:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous capture and I love the softening at the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I enjoy the composition and subject matter!

    ReplyDelete