Monday, February 2, 2015

Preparing the Horse

Preparing the Horse
Oil on hardboard panel, 7x5
What a great day!  I just started a weekly painting class last Monday, and I am having SO much fun teaching it!  With my already super full schedule, I have resisted committing myself to a weekly time slot for so long!  I simply love sharing all that I have absorbed through the years, and don't know why I put it off!  This painting is small - only 7x5 inches, which is pretty tight for so much information.  I have started offering this size for auctions, and since the western scenes are attracting so much attention, I thought I'd give it a try.  I was able to sketch and block in the masses after housework and before class.  I was then able to return to it briefly to finish between class and picking Michael up from practice.  With a sorority meeting tonight - and so much laughing and visiting late into the evening, I have only now returned home to get his image uploaded and posted.  Some days are just a non-stop whirlwind of activity - and truly, I revel in it.  I should sleep well tonight!  This painting is number 765 in 765 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment