Saturday, February 14, 2015

Summertime Cafe

Summertime Cafe
Oil on panel, 8x6
buy here
Today finds me painting one of my favorite haunts in Fish Creek, Wisconsin - the "Summertime" Restaurant.  A great place to grab a quick meal on the terrace, it is full of ambiance and fragrant with blooms!  I have been wanting to work on these wonderful cafe scenes for some time now - so today is the day!  Going through my abundant photos, I picked out a few to turn into paintings.  It seems that most of my reference is from Door County!  I just love those charming little towns, each with their own cafes with umbrellas open and waiting! Nothing is as inviting as one of these spots after a day of painting! Painting number 777 in 777 days - now I'm off to buy a lottery ticket!

1 comment:

  1. Love your paintings.... The flowers just jumped out at me on this very cold morning. Its 1.4 degrees in Rochester NY. burr...

    ReplyDelete