Friday, March 20, 2015

First White Crocus

First White Crocus
Oil on unstretched canvas, 6x4
auction - bid here

This week has almost been a journal of my garden!  With a new flower popping into bloom nearly every day - I have been drawn to capturing their opening buds in oils!  These white crocus were planted decades ago, and each year they spring forth without fail.  I intended to lay these in with my brush, and then do most of the work with the palette knife. With the painting well under way, I continued with the brush - not wanting to abandon the soft strokes.  I then went to the knife for the edge work and that last pop of highlight.  Now, it is time for a break!  Painting number 811 in 811 days :)

5 comments:

  1. Spring flowers, so lovely! So creative you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son and I were walking the dog the other day and saw the first crocus of spring here - such a lovely way to greet a new season. Your painting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, I love spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Tammie. I haven't seen any crocus flowers but the daffodils are trying hard to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love daffodils, and yours seem to be looking right into the sun. I certainly wish warmer weather would visit us in upstate New York. I'm so ready for Spring.

    ReplyDelete