Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Glorious Sky

Glorious Sky
Oil on masonite panel, 10x8
purchase here
Taking a break today to explore some of the beautiful color variations in the sky.  When I primed this panel - and 15 others, I brushed on the first layer of gesso, an acrylic tint, a little acrylic sealer, and some pumice for texture.  I normally go over this with a mix of acrylic color with acrylic gel glass medium.  This layer seals the first layer, allowing my oils to flow easily over the surface.  Well, I have not yet done that, but had no other 10x8's - so I painted on this first coat.  It is grabbing at my brushes - and wearing them right down to nubs!  I must finish priming them before I paint on another one - or I will soon be replacing my bristle brushes - which are my workhorses for painting!  Painting number 794 in 794 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment