Monday, March 16, 2015

Palette Knife Daffodils

Palette Knife Daffodils
Oil on canvas, 6x6
I had so much fun playing with the palette knife yesterday, that I decided to start another!  I had the bulk of this one painted yesterday - and thank goodness I did!  I have been on the run since early this morning, and have only now returned home to get my painting posted!  The first layer is brushed on in rather a smooth way, allowing it to recede into the background with soft strokes. Using thick paint and my favorite palette knife for the final layer, I manipulate that knife to add depth and texture to foliage and petals. These daffodils happen to be miniatures I had on the kitchen table as a centerpiece years ago.  I then transplanted them outdoors, and they have been multiplying and gracing the front flower bed ever since.  This painting is number 807 in 807 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment