Thursday, March 12, 2015

Purple Face Pansies

Purple Face Pansies
oil on panel, 7x5
original sold - print available here
Last week we had snow, and this week we have pansies!  The weather has been so unseasonably warm that I just can't help being outside!  Spending hours in the garden each day, trying to get all the beds ready for spring - these flowers are the first to be planted this year.  Last year, our red lab puppy bit the heads off of many, many flowers in the beds. Now, a year old, I am hoping he will be less interested in my precious blooms.  So, I have planted six small plants to "test the waters", and I have memorialized them in paint, in the event they meet an untimely demise!  Painting number 803 in 803 days :)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pansies! Hopefully winter is soon a memory. Ready for these flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful painting! Hoping it won't be too long before I can plant some flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Pansies Tammie...I would pick those same ones for my plant pots too. My dogs used to sit in the planters right after I planted them...and they were over a year old too... You could hear me banging on the window and they'd look at me with dismay... silly animals...they were little white dogs too... You know that always meant a bath afterwards!! Only when they were first planted though...then they didn't seem to bother...it was the males mostly!! Gorgeous painting!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pansies - they are the first to hang around through the rough weather and keep us smiling until the other flowers can take over. Hard workers - speaking of which you with 803 in 803 days - holy cow, that has to be some sort of record. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are exquisite, so beautifully arranged and painted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how lovely for you and thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pansies. A touch of spring in my autumn season :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, I have to say that is hilarious (but a little sad) that your puppy bit the heads of lots of flowers. You'll have to know how he does this year! Beautiful pansies, such vibrant color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. (You'll have to LET us know, that is!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous art, a great welcome for Spring!

    ReplyDelete