Monday, March 2, 2015

Red Trio

Red Trio
Oil on canvas, 6x9 - purchase here
Yesterday, I was wonderfully productive on the painting front.  Today, I have been thoroughly busy getting the house back in order, teaching a painting class, and trying to finish the laundry before a sorority meeting at 6:30!  Thank goodness for getting paintings done ahead of time - or I would be starting my painting at 10:00 tonight!  This painting is a companion piece for yesterday's post, using a similar color theme.  These flowers offer such a sweet escape from the grey and barren landscape this time of year.  My parents still have 12 inches of snow on the ground - which was already covered when they arrived home from the holidays!  I can't even imagine an endless landscape of snow!  I do like painting it in all of it's shades, but I would soon grow weary of all the overcast, cold days.  When I have been near Lake Erie in the winter, the sun rarely makes an appearance!  So different from the bright sunny days of the midwest - even in winter.  Our temperatures are expected near 60 degrees this weekend - we may be grilling out on Sunday for a change!  Painting number 793 in 793 days - now back to that silly laundry!  Does the family really need dry sheets before bedtime?

No comments:

Post a Comment