Sunday, March 29, 2015

Spring Comes to Hodgson Mill

Spring Comes to Hodgson Mill
Oil on unstretched canvas, 6x4
3/100 - The {100} Artists - auction bid here
This historic water mill was first built in 1837 down in the Ozarks by Alva Hodgson.  I love painting these historic places, and it makes perfect subject matter for my {100} Artist series.  Before I started this painting, I took my palette knife and skimmed the surface with light molding paste.  It helped fill in some of the weave of the canvas, and allowed my paints to glide over the surface more effectively.  I did commit all 100 paintings to this substrate, so I am going to find ways to love it! This small step helped a LOT, and still left some tooth for interest. This is painting number 820 in 820 days.

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful vibrant colours, your Spring collection is delightful! I can feel and hear the rush of that river, so refreshing and full of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the texture in this painting. Wonderful colour combinations too!

    ReplyDelete