Thursday, March 19, 2015

To the Barn

To the Barn
Oil on wood panel, 7x5
auction - bid here
Some days are so hectic, that by the time I make it to my easel - I REALLY need my painting fix!  I had sketched this one out a while ago, and then I switched gears to another theme.  It was a treat to return to this, the composition and sketch already complete.  It left me to mindlessly paint with brush and palette knife and oils.  When there are no distractions between me and the panel, I can quickly lay in that paint - almost as if the oils just roll of the brush!  I wish it weren't so late, I would go right on painting.  But alas, its been a very long day and I have another one ahead of me tomorrow.  Painting number 810 in 810 days.

10 comments:

  1. Great looking; it would have taken me two weeks to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, reminds me of the old westerns!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. 810 in 810 days, you're amazing!
    I like the atmosphere in this, it makes me feel safe and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love barns and this one is perfect. What a wonderful painting. It's a very pleasant scene, quite relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely painting, old fashioned. Love the barn, the horse and the woman in this landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea how you are disciplined enough to do such great work in such a short time . This picture really tells a story.

    ReplyDelete