Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Barns of Augusta

Barns of Augusta
Oil on unstretched canvas, 6x4
5/100 - The {100} Artists
purchase here
For the {100} artist challenge, I have chosen unstretched canvas for all 100 paintings in the 6x4 inch size.  I have first "primed" some of these with a long, flat palette knife and light molding paste - spreading on a thin coat, trying not to leave any stroke marks, leaving a little tooth at the edges.  I like this surface for my paint application better than the plain canvas, the paints glide more smoothly.  I must scrape my name in pretty quick, though, because the oils soak into this ground and stain it.  The next one I painted, I lifted the paint, but the surface was stained and my name was unreadable.  Another lesson learned on this 830th painting in 830 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment