Thursday, April 23, 2015

Dogwood on Chestnut Street

Dogwood on Chestnut Street
Oil on wood panel, 12x9
Augusta Plein Air Art Festival - purchase here
Arriving in the afternoon, a quick drive around the beautiful vintage town of Augusta brought me to this location, with it's strong light and shadow dancing across the lawn.  I was instantly drawn in.  Setting up my easel, I had an hour and a half before a scheduled social at "Pop-a-Wheelie" on the Katie Trail (which was excellent - by the way!)  I let the brushes do the work, laying in the masses with big strokes.  I am SO happy to be painting on wood this week! Last week I had left my panels behind, and had to paint on canvas for the New Harmony event.  Boy, am I ever appreciating my specially prepared wood panels now!  The next 10 days are going to be amazing in the heart of Missouri Wine Country!  Painting number 845 in 845 days :)

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful work! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Tammie. It's hard to believe that one could do such a fine painting in such a short time. You are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammie. Love that painting. What a great job.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks like such a special little sanctuary..love how you do shadows too!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Adding you to my feedly - I could use some more Impressionist-ish paintings :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful painting! Love the muted color and sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work!!! Love the strokes, the light and shade, everything about it!
    And what a number 845!!! :) GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your plein air abilities astound me. Just gorgeous light!

    ReplyDelete