Monday, April 20, 2015

Elizabeth's Tulips

Elizabeth's Tulips
Oil on canvas panel, 10x8
New Harmony Quick Paint - purchase here
This was painted during the hour and 15 minute quick paint at the New Harmony plein air event, First Brush of Spring.  With such a short time limit, I decided to take the pressure off and paint something fun - tulips!  The bold red blooms were very large, and some were full blown in the bed.  I tuned out the whole event while I painted, oblivious to what was going on around me - just me and those tulips, the light and the shadow.  When I did look up, people were already framing and heading to check-in, so I popped this in a frame to stand in line with the rest.  Painting number 842 in 842 days. This is the shortest quick paint I have ever participated in - 75 minutes long!
on location

No comments:

Post a Comment