Sunday, April 26, 2015

Majestic View

Majestic View
Oil on wood panel, 12x16
Augusta Shores Paint Out
purchase here
This magical spot is located is a place that has called me back to paint once again.  I was here two years ago, and the beauty is stunning - and not the normal landscape found in Missouri!  East light poured in for this morning paint - and that light skimmed the surface of the water as I laid in my sketch.  Moving quickly to capture the golden light, I marked those areas with paint.  With a quickly changing light, it is important to get all mass colors in before they change.  Then, as they change, I already have that color before me, and I won't "chase the light", thus losing the golden scene that first called me to paint.  Another great plein air painting day!  Painting number 848 in 848 days!
on location

No comments:

Post a Comment