Thursday, April 16, 2015

Profusion of Crabapples

Profusion of Crabapples
Oil on canvas panel, 14x11
Fist Brush of Spring - sold
The first day of the New Harmony Plein air found me in front of the Roofless Church just off of Main Street.  There must have been a dozen of these glorious blooming trees in pink, white and dark pink. It was the very first gorgeous sight I saw when driving into town - and it is where I returned to paint.  I did something today I have never done - I left all of my painting substrates at home!!!  The new puppy kept jumping on my bag, pulling them down, and I was afraid he would start chewing on the birch.  I pushed them out of his reach, and out of my sight. Thankfully, my dear artist friend, Michele had purchased 6 panels to stamp for us, since we couldn't be there by 9:00.  So, that is what I will be painting on this week! Painting number 838 in 838 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment