Friday, April 17, 2015

Red Roofed Barn

Red Roofed barn
Oil on canvas, 14x11 - First Blush of Spring
purchase here
This fabulous barn in located right next to the park in New Harmony, Indiana.  Heading south out of town to our log cabin in the state park, this scene grabbed my attention as a "must paint".  The day was foggy, and as it lifted we were then "sprinkled on" with a light rain.  I hurried to get oil on the entire canvas, because if it gets wet first. the oils will slide right off.  I tilted my canvas to point downwards a little, until this was achieved.  I then was able to finish normally.  By the time I was done, the sun was out and things were heating up as the temperature climbed to 81 degrees!  I am having so much fun painting in this brand new location!  Painting number 839 in 839 days.
painting on easel - almost done
on location

No comments:

Post a Comment