Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Rush Creek Rhapsody

Rush Creek Rhapsody
Oil on canvas panel, 14x11
Harmonie State Park, Indiana - purchase here
Heading out for town, early in the foggy morning, this beautiful creek captured my attention. Teddy and I both commented on it, and turned around to come back for photos.  This creek is inside the Harmonie State Park where we are staying in a fabulous log cabin. The soft, foggy light was so ethereal here - it pulled us right in! Once on location, we simply had to set up our easels and start painting!  This was out self-proclaimed "building" day, but this little detour made for a tranquil painting and peaceful start to the day.  I always follow my little voice when it tells me to "paint here", and it did not steer me wrong!  Painting number 843 in as many days.
on location

No comments:

Post a Comment