Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Yellow Orange Tulips

Yellow Orange Tulips
Oil on unstretched canvas, 4x4
These glorious tulips shine in my garden like beacons of light!  Their sunny, orange color is so cheerful and bright - even on a dark and stormy day!  I started with a pastel sketch, and filled in the main colors for the initial block in. The next step was treating the edges - whether to leave soft or hard, pulling with the brush, then laying in with the palette knife.  Next, I deepen the shadow areas with the knife, and finally pop those highlights.  I like the zoomed in format of the composition - it gives the painting a dramatic flare!  I am painting several of these this week - trying to capture the beauty of these blooms before they fade away, not to be seen again until next year.  Painting number 837 in 837 days.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful tulips. I love your bright colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tulips. Here the tulip fields are all blooming, looks very pretty. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, these are beautiful. I LOVE tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have definitely captured their beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning tulip painting, Tammie. I love the yellow and orange. I wish I could see your garden because it must be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathtaking....love it...I think you can never have too many of these!! Just gorgeous! Look forward to seeing the others!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like how you describe the way you worked and the thoughts you had. This is a lovely painting once again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just beautiful... your blog is one of my favourite places to visit every week...xx

    ReplyDelete