Sunday, May 24, 2015

Dimensional Peonies

Dimensional Peonies
Mixed Media on unstretched canvas, 4x6
purchase here
on location
I wish it wasn't raining - and I could stay out all day painting!  I have started this painting in a different manner. First priming the unstretched canvas with a knife stroke of molding paste and a dark acrylic wash, I then sketched with a pastel stick. With a palette knife, I carefully stroked on the petals, building the peonies.  Allowing this to dry, I then started in with the oils.  I'm not sure if I am finished!  I want to leave the darks sprinkled around throughout, I like the dramatic mood this technique creates.  But another part of me loves the light I spread about yesterday's painting......I actually dreamed about this style last night!  Often, I dream I am painting only to wake up and find I have yet to paint my "painting du jour"!  Painting number 876 in 876 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment