Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Fields of Plenty

Fields of Plenty
Oil on wood panel, 14x11
Kessler Farm, Augusta, Missouri
Augusta Plein Air Art Festival - sold
The special theme paint for the week was "Cream of the Crop".  I wanted to paint cows - and had been looking for them as we drove back and forth to other events.  A conversation on the night of the Balducci paint led us to the Kessler farm just hours before the turn in deadline.  A bit of scouting uncovered this amazing scene - off of the beaten path.  Tucked in beside the fence, I started this complicated composition with only and hour and 15 minutes to complete.  One by one, these beautiful cows came up and greeted me.  I kept stopping my brushwork to take their photos!  I will be able to turn SO many of them into fabulous paintings!  I did not make the deadline with this one, but was worth taking the extra time to finish.  Landscapes like this are priceless.  Painting number 857 in 857 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment