Monday, May 11, 2015

Glory at Balducci

Glory at Balducci
Oil on wood panel, 16x12
Balducci Sunset Paint - Augusta Plein Air Art Festival
now showing - Gallery at Defiance
purchase here
This year's sunset paint at Balducci's Winery was certainly one to remember!  For the first time in years - the weather was warm and wonderful, and a few clouds in the sky promised a fabulous sunset!  The third painting of the day, I started slowly after a thorough scouting of the area.  The barns ALWAYS lure me in!  With red wine in one hand and my brush in the other, I started laying paint.  The oils just flowed onto the surface, and the image emerged.  I left the sky completely blank until the actual sunset colors started - and I was rewarded with a show in the sky to capture on my panel!  Sunsets are SO much easier to paint from life! I should be doing these every day from my balcony at home! Painting number 863 in as many days.
on location

No comments:

Post a Comment