Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Pink Peony Passion

Pink Peony Passion
Oil on wood panel, 14x11
Stems - Overland Park Arboretum
purchase here
Wowza!  These fabulous beauties were bursting with blooms at the Overland Park Arboretum in Kansas.  Always drawn to peonies, I set up on the sloshy grass in front of them.  We've had so much rain, and with this peony bed right by the lake - it was very wet indeed. I love painting these regal flowers - especially in such a vivid color as these magenta ones!  Painting number 879 in 879 days.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting. My peonies are just budding up, so it's a joy to get a preview here. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those colours make it worth dealing with the sloshy grass... hope things are drying out...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your peonies are beautiful. Great color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink and peony! Nothing could be sweeter and more beautiful! Truly passion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning!!! My favorites!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness! This is stunning. Your painting fills my eyes, which is the greatest compliment I can give. :D

    ReplyDelete