Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Winding Wolf Creek

Winding Wolf Creek
Oil on wood panel, 18x14
Overland Park Arboretum - Stems
purchase here
I have been painting so many flowers lately, that today finds me returning to the wooded landscape. At the back of the arboretum, on the Western Trail, a narrow muddy walkway led to this view.  It is a long hike back here - but totally worth it!  The mosquitoes were out in full force - but this time, I was prepared.  Not only did I spray liberally with my natural spray, I attached an Off! clip-on to my pocket.  It is the first time I've had to use it, and it worked great!  They swarmed around me as I first arrived, but within 30 seconds they had moved along.  I kept it on as long as I painted - and I will be sure to keep it in my bag!  Painting number 885 in 885 days.
on location

1 comment: