Monday, July 13, 2015

Rose Rhapsody en Grande

Rose Rhapsody en Grande
Oil over acrylic on wood panel, 48x72
sold
This painting was a joy to create!  The largest painting I have done to date - 48x72 inches, I thought it's sheer size would be a challenge.  Instead, it was super fun - and very rewarding.  I find myself wanting to work in larger and larger sizes.....if only I had that kind of time every day!  This one took me days to finish, each morning looking with fresh eyes to see what else called to me.  I really like to live with a painting like this for a while, until I am sure it is ready to go out into the world!  I was finally able to use ALL of my large brushes, and the strokes are just the same as in a much smaller piece.  The hardest part was getting far enough back to really see how the painting was coming together as a whole!  It has been a pleasure and I'm SO happy this has been delivered to such a wonderful home!  Painting number 925 in 925 days - although this was many days to completion!
in progress
still in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment