Thursday, July 16, 2015

Tropical Blooms

Tropical Blooms
Oil on wood panel, 8x10
Somedays, I am simply too busy to even eat. On this completely packed day, I have been hard pressed to finish this painting, which I started yesterday.  My brother lives in Florida, and had sent me the image of these flowers he had captured while biking through dense terrain.  The wood panel was a previous landscape block-in, which I had heavily textured first.  I negatively painted the blooms, then began to add the pinks.  The knife adds so much interest on this heavy texture since it skips along the rough texture in unexpected ways.  I have no idea what these blooms are - as my brother is no botanist, and we don't have these beauties in Missouri!  Painting number 928 in 928 days.
first block in

No comments:

Post a Comment