Sunday, July 12, 2015

Waterfall in the Woods

I thought I was done here....but a photo taken at night is not true
Waterfall in the Woods - final
Oil over acrylic on masonite, 16x20
purchase here
I dreamed of painting this waterfall three nights ago - and this is the very first chance I got to actually put paint to panel!  Working large, I started my block in acrylic.  Starting and stopping repeatedly for various household responsibilities, I lost my focus - and then I became frustrated with the progress (in progress photo).  Then, I moved down to the kitchen to paint, switching workspaces completely - and I stepped away for awhile. Starting this time in oils, I began pulling this painting in the direction I wanted it to go. What a struggle this painting has been - and tomorrow, I have a very full day.  I guess they can't all just fall off the brush - perhaps I should have just gotten up in the middle of the night and painted it when I dreamed it!  I will look upon it with fresh eyes in the morning, as I already see things I want to change.  Painting number 924 in 924 days.  With a new day - I see a few additions, adding shadow back into the right side, reds popped in to bring the foreground closer, and look what s difference a daytime photo makes to the color!  NOW, I am happy with this :)
in progress

9 comments:

  1. Just amazing! I can hear that waterfall and it is so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. Happy PPF

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you aren't happy with it you probably should have got up in the night to do it...I have lost so many pieces of writing by not getting up and getting it out!! Funny how that is...but of course it looks beautiful to me!! Irrelevant if you don't love it though!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammie. It's beautiful to me and boy do we need that water.:) have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving water is so challenging. Nicely done! (Visiting from PPF)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Clarnia store is a group of the most experienced entrepreneurs who are from different backgrounds and who just want to help you in making a wise choice. All these experienced members help you in shopping your favorite items online. And in this way, our team of well-knowledge personnel’s are available to create a better shopping environment for people and to help people find those items that they love to share and talk about.
    waterfall painting

    ReplyDelete