Saturday, August 22, 2015

Along the Esplanade

Along the Esplanade
Oil on panel, 11x14 - Leavenworth Paint Out
purchase here
I am painting in Leavenworth, Kansas today for a plein air event in conjunction  with Buffalo Bill Days at the Ray Miller Park.   An artist friend directed me to a lovely old part of town, called the Esplinade.  On one side of the street, fabulous antebellum homes line the avenue.  On the other side, looking out high above the Missouri River, is the oldest and first park in Kansas.  Any of these homes would make an amazing painting - but I can choose only one, so I chose my favorite!  Four of my students joined me today, three of which have never painted out in the open air before!  It was SO fun introducing them to something I hope will stay with them for a lifetime!  This painting makes 964 in 964 days.
on location

1 comment: