Sunday, August 16, 2015

Fields of Violet

Fields of Violet
Oil on canvas panel, 5x7
purchase here
While riding the North Coast Inland Trail, farm after beautiful farm unfolded before me.  These little gems were like treasure that only the bike rider could get a glimpse of.  I am painting this from memory, since I was not equipped on the trail - and I'm pretty sure my family would have abandoned me!  I think that only other artists fully understand the intense desire to paint when a fabulous scene is spotted!  These violet blooms may well have been weeds spreading across the field - but glorious they are!  After moving Michaela to college yesterday, Michael's first guitar recital today, and he returns to school on Tuesday, there is SO much on the calendar!!  A little art therapy is just what I need to focus and recharge before tackling ALL those duties!!  I feel like painting all day - maybe I'll get another one done before the night is through...... painting number 958 in 958 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment