Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A Dream to Sail

A Dream to Sail
Oil on wood panel, 11x14
purchase here
The turn in for my two Lake Quivira paintings is next week, so I am making sure they are framed and ready to go before I leave town.  These sailboats resting on the beach caught my eye immediately.  Off to to the right of these is one more sailboat, and I almost switched my composition from portrait to landscape to include the fourth boat.  But, when I looked from one to the other, I decided that this was the more dynamic composition.  I may well paint the other at a later date!  Lake Quivira is a fun place to paint - everyone is friendly, coming up to talk as I paint.  On this day, the sun was high and the light was strong, glistening off water and sand alike.  Since I am finishing this one after dark, I will have to look at it in the light of day, to make sure I have all as I want.  I already see one minor adjustment I want to make, well maybe two....... This painting makes Day 15 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge, and my 988th painting in 988 days.  I sure wish there were more hours in the day!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this one! You are doing a great job!
    >> Good Luck with the 2nd half of the challenge.<<

    ReplyDelete