Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Old Apple Barn

Old Apple Barn
Oil on masonite, 12x9
Unity Village, Lee's Summit, MO
on location
What a wonderful day!  Invited to lunch at a dear friend's house, we then went to Unity Village to see her paintings hanging in the gallery out there.  Next, we headed over to the old Apple Barn on the Unity Village property - and I set up my easel to paint.  The light was warm and inviting on the face of the barn. The views of this glorious old building were lovely from each angle - but this one drew me right in!  I have lived in this area all but 5 years of my life - and I never knew this barn was out here! What a treasure this place is - and what fabulous weather for plein air painting!  Knocking this one out quickly between the gym and picking up the grandsons - I hope to get the painting image taken before it gets dark tonight (and I did - while waiting for my daughter, I took this image in the trunk of my car)!  There's a bit of a glare on the wet paint, but otherwise it is pretty true.  Painting number 1003 in 1003 and Day 30 of the current 30 day painting challenge!  Woo-hoo! Another painting challenge met and conquered :)

No comments:

Post a Comment