Sunday, October 18, 2015

First Autumn Color

First Autumn Color
Oil on masonite, 8x10
purchase here

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of plein air painting!  Back to back events have kept me so busy - I could hardly see straight.  Today marks the end of out of town trips, unless I find a couple of days to go paint fall foliage!  I had an afternoon artist reception in Parkville from 2:00 to 4:00, and an evening event from 6:00-9:00.  With an hour travel time each way, there was not enough time to go home in between.  So, I came with my paints packed and set up in between receptions to get my daily painting fix!  I didn’t have to go far - there was beautiful fall color starting right outside the gallery in the old depot!  The composition with it’s rocky edge really reminds me Augusta in the fall........I wonder if I can find time to get back there before the weather turns cold....  Thank goodness I finished this painting in the afternoon - the last thing I wanted to do when I got home at 10:30 was to get out my paints!  Looking forward to a few days to catch up around the house and relax!  Painting number 1020 in 1020 days :)
on location

No comments:

Post a Comment