Sunday, November 22, 2015

A Visit with Santa

A Visit with Santa
Acrylic on masonite, 7x5
sold

Two years ago, once my parents had arrived in town, the family started the festivities by going down to Union Station to visit Santa and see the trains.  This was the beginning of a six week decline for my dad, one I didn’t think he would pull through.  When I look back at the photos from this time, all of the feelings come flooding back.  How very fragile are the bonds of life, and how very special are those fleeting moments with family and friends.  My dad is still with us - and healthy as ever, which is another miracle in itself.  I am truly looking forward to another Christmas season and the memories we’ll make together.  I love this photo of little Alan with Santa, and I have loved painting it today, my 1055th painting in as many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment