Monday, November 9, 2015

Alan Smiles

Alan Smiles
Acrylic on masonite, 5x5
value study - purchase here

I find that I really love painting these value studies in black and white!  The recommended black is Ivory Black, but I had several tubes of Mars Black - so that is what I am using.  I like the old black and white photo feel these paintings have - and I’m carrying them farther than just value studies.  I want them to stand alone as powerful paintings, with no need for color.  I want to paint one every day - and at 40 minutes each, that should be totally doable!   I do wonder if my strokes are loose enough on this one......This little darling is my oldest grandson, and I hope this painting does justice to his sweet, adorable soul!   Painting number 1042 in 1042 days.  I'm going to need to start photographing everyone I know just to keep up with my new habit.....!


No comments:

Post a Comment