Thursday, November 26, 2015

Santa

Santa
Acrylic on masonite, 6x6
purchase here
I have so enjoyed this month of portraiture, that I am going to paint a few Santa portraits for the upcoming season!  I have some wonderful photos of the Union Station Santa (who I think is one of the best!) - to use for reference.  I am pushing the darks on this painting, to completely take the background out of the composition.  The focus then moves right to is face, where it belongs.  I like the way the acrylics layer in quick, short strokes to develop the planes.  I am always pushing a little here, pulling in there - and the form shows up almost on it’s own.  This is such a fun way to paint!  No sketching and no distractions between the paint and me.  Very organic, indeed!  Painting number 1059 in 1059 days.  Happy Thanksgiving one and all!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment