Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Glance


The Glance
Acrylic on masonite, 5x5
purchase here
Yesterday’s block in was SO difficult!  I was really concentrating, thinking about each stroke - and it pushed me over the edge.  For this one, I simply relaxed and started blocking in masses loosely, trying NOT to think about what I was doing.  I paint SO much better when I disengage my brain!  The block in unfolded before me, and it really is easier to place all the features by working loose.  It is a sure way to get features right, and I don’t have a lot of time invested in areas, should I want to adjust their location.  I have never worked this way, so this is a big lesson to learn.  I let this dry completely, to await the next layer.  This allows for subsequent strokes to be simply removed with a damp paper towel, if desired.  I corrected some of the shapes in this layer, and tried to incorporate more color.  With so much dry brushing in this layer - it looks like I'll be scrubbing my new brushes away into dust!  Painting number 1041 in 1041 days :)
color block in
reference - Michaela 

No comments:

Post a Comment