Friday, November 13, 2015

Wonder

Wonder
Acrylic on wood, 6x6
purchase here

My second day of painting on the heavily textured surface finds me still longing for the smooth one!  My strokes break over the nap too much, and I’m unable to get the same, smooth brushwork.  I didn’t have time yesterday to get more panels cut - but I feel like I really need to ASAP for these portraits!  The texture would be just fine for landscape work, so I can save them for that.  I need to finish an assignment for my online class today - and I must have the right substrate!  Oh well, this is a lesson learned on preparing panels for portraits.  It really does make a difference in acrylics, where it would not hinder me in oils.  This painting makes 1046 in 1046 days and I’m heading to the store right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment