Saturday, December 12, 2015

Alan and Guitar

Alan and Guitar
Acrylic on masonite, 6x6
purchase here

I’ve spent several days on nutcrackers - and have really enjoyed them, but I’m feeling a desire to get back to my roots for a little quiet time with my paints.  No music, no noise, no distractions.  Just the easel, brushes, panel and a little time to myself.  Switching gears from the holiday theme, tonight finds me working on a portrait of little Alan.  Michaela was showing him a few things on the guitar, and he was seriously soaking in every word.  He has a natural musical ability - it is surely in the genes!  I am working towards the impressionist, with loose strokes to capture the mood of the moment.  This is art therapy at it’s best, when I can pour my soul out in paint with brush.  My days grow more and more hectic until company arrives, so this time with my easel is a gift.  Painting number 1075 in 1075 days.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment