Sunday, December 20, 2015

Clara's Nutcracker Hero & the Mouse King

Clara's Nutcracker Hero & the Mouse King
Acrylic on masonite, 5x5
sold
Thanks to Candy Kultgen, I have even more wonderful nutcrackers to paint from!  Settling on this wonderful pair from the Nutcracker Suite, I am laying paint just as the last of our guests have left.  We celebrated our first Christmas with Tiffany's family early, as they are leaving for Scotland on Wednesday.  The boys were super excited - and had a blast opening up all of their presents, spending the rest of the day trying them all out!  I bet they will sleep tonight, and probably be pretty tired in school tomorrow with their last two days!  It is so much fun to see all of the wonderful variations in these nutcrackers!  Painting them like I have the last couple of weeks has really opened my eyes to them - and all of their character and charm!  Painting number 1083 in 1083 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment